- You start out with a couple of pieces of really good white bread. Yep! Plain old white bread, not all that good for ya fancy stuff.
- Next, you layer on a good coat of mayonnaise (Dukes really is the best for these) onto both slices of the bread.
- Then, bacon…oops got not bacon…no problem!
- Then, lettuce…oops outta lettuce too…again, no problem!
- Find ya one big vine ripened tomato that really smells like a tomato when you smell it. One picked fresh off the vine, still warm from the sun is best. Wash it and cut off one or two thick slices of tomato (amount depends upon the size of the tomato, size of the bread, size of your napkin, and simple personal preference.
- Place tomato on one of the bread slices (side with the mayo on it of course)
- Add a sprinkle of salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with remaining piece of bread (mayo next to the tomato again).
And, simply eat and enjoy. There ya have the perfect BLT sans the B & the L:) Out of bread? No worries. Had one last night made with a left over breakfast biscuit. Also, great stuffed in Pita! Fried Green Tomatoes at the Tomato Festival! Yeehaw!